


"Well that's it. I've had enough. No more being the fat dancer. No more racing to the barre so I can have the spot that I cant see myself in the mirror. No more eating like a pig to make myself feel better, when really I feel lots worse than when I started. I want to be a ballet dancer, and I am going to do whatever it takes to get there. I sacrificed friends, family and my home for this, so it is an insult to myself when I eat. Today is November 17, 2009, and from now on I wont let food get in the way of my dream."
This is what I wrote an a message to my friend xxpaperdollxx. Looking back on it, I think 'whoa, that's pretty intense stuff...' but its true. I am 18 years old, and I have a huge passion for ballet. I only started less than 2 years ago, but I am now in an intermediate program at one of the most respected studios in my province. I dance six days a week, and in my spare time study the history, theory and technique of dance. I work hard and gained the respect of my teacher, and fellow dancers.
One major thing I am struggling with is my weight. After all, nobody wants to watch a fat ballerina. Harsh, but true. No matter how much passion I have, or how hard I work, I will never be truly beautiful, unless I get my weight under control.
Unfortunately I lost allot of friends when I decided to devote my life to dance, and my family hates that I love ballet as well. Now I cant stop eating because I'm so lonely. I created this blog as a tool to help me keep all my goals on track, including, but not limited to, my diet.
Thanks for viewing, and leave a comment if you'd like. I would love to hear from you!
This is what I wrote an a message to my friend xxpaperdollxx. Looking back on it, I think 'whoa, that's pretty intense stuff...' but its true. I am 18 years old, and I have a huge passion for ballet. I only started less than 2 years ago, but I am now in an intermediate program at one of the most respected studios in my province. I dance six days a week, and in my spare time study the history, theory and technique of dance. I work hard and gained the respect of my teacher, and fellow dancers.
One major thing I am struggling with is my weight. After all, nobody wants to watch a fat ballerina. Harsh, but true. No matter how much passion I have, or how hard I work, I will never be truly beautiful, unless I get my weight under control.
Unfortunately I lost allot of friends when I decided to devote my life to dance, and my family hates that I love ballet as well. Now I cant stop eating because I'm so lonely. I created this blog as a tool to help me keep all my goals on track, including, but not limited to, my diet.
Thanks for viewing, and leave a comment if you'd like. I would love to hear from you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment