Energy creates energy. It is by spending oneself that one becomes rich.

23.2.11


I chose to title this post with a quote by an actress named Sarah Bernhardt. I must be the queen of procrastination, the queen of sloth! Steps must be made to change this. I truly want to be a happy, energetic healthy person. I deserve to be one! What is holding me back?

Of course, I come back to the main issues I repeat on this blog: Food, self esteem, and clutter. Boy, I sound like a broken record. These are all connected; I fill my stomach with toxic food in order to feel relief and escape, whose effect is only brief. Then the feelings of self hatred set in. Why am I so week? I have no control! I am fat! I am worthless! Then, as I am sitting and feeling sorry for myself, I surround myself with clutter. Not only the physical kind, hoarding material possessions, but mental clutter as well. The constant chatter inside my head distracts me from my goals, and I retread into the haze of my self pitty. Feeling as if this clutter is strangling me, I retreat, running to food, in hopes it will give me relief and escape. Thus, the circle continues.

But at least now I have an awareness of the problem. now, gently, I need to work towards a solution. It's time to go outside my comfort zone and listen to what my soul wants, not my physical body. Energy creates energy! Try to quiet your mind. Now ask yourself, what does your soul want? Maybe you want to pick up an instrument, a book, a paintbrush, a journal. Or maybe you just want to put on your favorite song and boogie! Lets follow our hearts, and let our spirits soar!

0 comments: