Dance with your heart, and your feet will follow

8.12.09


Before my assessment I was so worried, but there was no need. I did my best at it, and am very happy :D. My secret? I changed the way I thought during dancing. When I walked into the studio, all I could think about was how I was almost late, and how I was so sad that I don't have a chance to be chosen to take the exam. Upon starting the familiar exercises, I realized this: "What does it matter that I wont pass? Everyone is making mistakes and has worried faces because they are so stressed. That isn't helping them at all. I am really thankful to even be in this class, with such wonderful teachers and professionals. I know my exercised, so I am going to dance thinking how much I love this and how happy it makes me."

Well boy oh boy, its amazing what a little positive attitude can do. My balance, weight placement, and hip placement were so on. I remembered many corrections and applied them. And most of all, I performed, showing how happy I was on the inside. I breathed with the music, and smiled and felt beautiful. This definitely showed me the meaning behind the quote: Dance with your heart, and your feet will follow.
Not only that, but I pointe went well as well. It was my first time doing all the exercises in the centre (I usually do everything at the barre), and I felt so light on my feet. There was hardly any of the usual pain at all. Being the good orthodox christian that I am, I crossed myself and panicked before the hardest exercises(:P), but everything worked out! I could even do releves to one foot.
I have a meeting with my teachers on Thursday, to discuss where I am, and my future. I am making a special gift for one, a homemade Christmas ornament. I am taking a clear glass ball, and painting a line of small dancers all the way around it horizontally. Their figures are white, and I am using pail translucent blur for their romantic tutus. The details and shadows are also in the translucent blue. I am putting a small powdery crystal fake snow in the bottom, and have some blue and white ribbon on the sides. I am going to paint "waltz of the snowflakes" in backwards handwriting (seriously), so you can see it correctly through the other side. then I will paint over the back (the part with the writing) dark blue for the backdrop, and then white over top. I will paint a blue silhouette of a dancer, and a dance quote. I am also gluing little mini snowflake ornaments to hang on the inside, and after that all is done, glue a little bow by the top. to add the finishing touch, I will put little self adhesive rhinestones on it.
(inspiration image for ornament)
whew, that's a lot of work. Talk about a good distraction! I will put pictures up when its finished.

0 comments: