Happy new year!

14.1.10


Today is the first day of the new year! Well, in the Ukrainian calendar, but I'm using it as my resolution date anyways ;)


looong time no post, no?


Well, with my time off from the big bad world of blogging, I gained some clarity and a new prospective on everything. I have a fresh new outlook on what I want to do with myself, and a fresh new look for my blog as well (its not completed yet, but i think the pink gives a more happy vibe then the black)


I guess I should fill you in with what I have been doing since I last spoke with you all. Christmas was good, and all that jazz. Ate alot, which sucked, but tis life. I also seen some of my friends that I haven't seen for years. That was really nice, but weird as well. It felt almost as if I went back in time...


I don't feel like talking about details, I will save that for a future post.


So.....


Original new years resolution: go on ABC

New new years resolution: have monthly goals, and a happier life in general.

Sounds pretty good, doesn't it? The weirdest thing is happening. I am starting to be realistic the way my body is. I'm not saying that I like it - goodness no. But I think that simply starving is almost being lazy. Here is my train of thought: A dancer's body is her instrument. if she takes shortcuts it wont work properly. Now simply not eating will get results, but it will come with a price that will set me back so far that becoming a dancer won't ever be a possibility. What I need to give myself is some time. Yes I want to reach that magic 120 pounds, and if I do I will most likely want to lose more. But instead of wanting instant results, I will try to pace myself, and reach my goal for summer. Suddenly losing 20 lbs in 4-5 months sounds easy, and even healthy! I feel very fortunate that my eating issues are caused by the want to be a dancer, and not simply self consciousness of how I look.


The new plan is to have half of what I eat be veggies, and keep it at averaging 1000 cals a day. maybe more, maybe less, depending on my mood. I will throw in some fasts here and there. The main thing is I wont hate myself forever if I don't hit my target calories for the day. As long as the scale continually moves down, life is good. Maybe I will do the 2-4-6-8, but add 300 calories, so its a 5-7-9-11. I haven't decided. I just want to find a way to be able to perform well enough in class and not jeopardise my progression. I also want to keep my metabolism going too.
On top of that, I'm gonna go to the gym like a maniac, I am shooting for 5 times a week. Maybe some day I will be able to run 5 miles! OK, OK. But one would be nice :)


Another major resolution I have is to work on my dance diary. I want to fill it with pictures, quotes and corrections. I even put some stickers in there for fun.


My last one is to use this goal formula: 1 daily goal, 1 weekly goal, and 1 monthly goal. I am thinking of making a points system and rewarding myself when i reach certain numbers. Here is what I have for this month:


Daily goal: finally post in my blog (check)

Weekly goal: watch all those ballet videos I have overdue from the library (check)

Monthly goal: finish sewing my beanbag chair


Weeee, party!!!

0 comments: